This is the incredibly serene view from the porch of the cabin that we stay at in New York. I am in awe every single time that I see it. We are so lucky that Jeremy’s mother’s friend lets us stay there when we are in town. What a treat!
Last night, I tried a new recipe to fatten up the Little Guy. Chicken has never scored high because it is difficult for him to chew–but he has been chowing on chicken nuggets and GASP
corn dogs at daycare–so I decided it was time to step in and make something a bit more nutritious. Try this if you’ve already established that your child does not have a nut allergy.
Honey Pecan Crusted Chicken (Adapted from a mixture of recipes that I have collected)
- 4 Skinless, Boneless, Chicken breasts
- 1/4 c pecans
- 1/4 c wheat germ
- 2-3 TBS Honey (I just squeezed a fair amount into the marinade)
- 2TBS Coarse grind dijon mustard
- Mix Honey and Mustard in a 1 gallon ziploc bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat. Set aside while you prepare crumb topping.
- Finely chop pecans (I used mini chopper)
- Mix Wheat germ and pecans in shallow dish
- Dredge chicken in wheat/pecan mixture
- Add to baking dish coated in cooking spray.
- Spray top of chicken breasts with cooking spray.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees until juices from chicken run clear.
I served this with green peas and mushrooms and mashed potatoes last night. Very easy for a young toddler to eat.
***On a funny note, we took Morgan and Claire for a walk last night after dinner. Morgan grew tired of riding in the stroller and Claire must have been tired of walking. We finished the trip with Claire riding happily in the stroller and Morgan being carried by his dad. We must have been an odd sight! One of our neighbors was outside enjoying the cool weather when we passed and started to chuckle. “That’s different” he said. Little Claire didn’t have any shame! She just continued to ride back to the house with her little rump planted firmly in the stroller seat.