My “to do” list just keeps getting longer.
Having two kids and being sleep deprived totally throws a wrench into everything that I try to accomplish. Most days I try not to complain if there is an exersaucer, a baby swing, a bouncy seat, a train table and 500 toys in my living room…it is what it is right now. I’m just fortunate to wash my hair here and there and to make it out of my pajamas.
The laundry is clean and put away for the first time in weeks. Most days you will find piles of clean clothes resting on the guest bed which is also Leighton’s room. She still sleeps in our room so it is easy for me to excuse the fact that her room is still not fully decorated. I mean…she’s only nearing 7 months now! Her closet looks like a tornado hit it. She grows out of outfits faster than I can buy them…and I love dressing her so it ends up being a bit shameful. Today, I took her to daycare in a dress meant more for spring than winter and leg warmers just to wear something that I know she will out grow before the season is right. In my defense she looked adorable and the sleeves were long…it will also be in the low 70’s today.
Morgan’s room could benefit from a raid with a large black hefty bag. The toys have over run us. I went through and liberated some stuffed animals and excess toys that will be given to charity. He probably will never notice. There are more coming in and we need the space.
I’ve got black beans soaking on the counter for tonight’s Meatless Monday dinner: Veganomicon’s black bean and veggie soup. Over the entire year of eating black beans every which way you can make them I have yet to make them from scratch…I’m excited to take it to the next level 🙂
I’ve also swept the house 3 times over the past 24 hours in a vain attempt to corral the last of the Trader Joes’ Every Day Seasoning that spilled out all over the counter, floor, and ruined a steaming bowl of my Cuban Chicken with Rice last night. I thought I could gut it out and eat it anyway since I like my food spicy…but I doubt many people enjoy crunching a bowl full of whole peppercorns and mustard seeds. I tipped the bottle over to grind it and found that the top wasn’t secure. That mess was EVERYWHERE. Mustard seeds can travel for miles on granite and tile. The worst part is that a friend had brought it to us on request since the nearest TJ’s is nearly 4 hours away. Bummer.
But I digress…the to do list?!?
- Wrap presents for our family Christmas scheduled for this Sunday (we’ll be having another with relatives on the actual day)
- Make the soup for tonight
- Another load of laundry–ah…not so done after all
- Make baby food–the sweet potatoes are just staring at me
- Attempt to finish Christmas shopping for the 11th time (this keeps multiplying as well!)
- Get my RD credentials together for a licensing audit…just a pain in the a@# considering that I don’t work…but it’s good to have the license if that ever needs to change. I’d like to thank the state for making this due 5 weeks before my license is due DURING the holidays.
- Now I am just depressed. I think I need to go do some of this stuff!